Staten Island University Hospital - Medical Education Center
The Staten Island University Hospital is dedicated to providing a specialized and practical medical education programs for students throughout the area. The Office of Academic Affairs is the SIUH institutional medical education center, and it provides multiple services to support medical students, residents, fellows, and faculty participating in medical education.
The Office of Academic Affairs Services
- Coordinates the educational committees, including the Graduate Medical Education Committee.
- Serves as a liaison between SIUH, the Health System and the various accreditation agencies, including the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education, the Commission of Dental Medical Education, the American Osteopathic Association, and the Council of Podiatric Medical Education, as well as many other sub-specialty organizations.
- Serves as a liaison between SIUH, the Health System and various local, state, and federal regulatory agencies overseeing medical education.
- Conducts periodic internal audits for all accredited and independent graduate medical education programs.
- Monitors the annual initial and re-appointment process for house staff.
- Sponsors a variety of house staff, medical student, and faculty education programs.
- Responsible for the development of graduate and undergraduate medical education programs.
- Conducts the annual House Staff Orientation.
- Supports the House Staff Association.
- Advocates for issues important to the house staff.
To learn more about the research, residencies, fellowships, or other programs offered at the Staten Island University Hospital medical education center, please browse our site or contact the Office of Academic Affairs directly.