Hematology & Oncology
Our division participates in multiple cancer-related clinical trials that offer novel treatment modalities for eligible patients. Many clinical trials are still open for patient enrollment and include studies investigating efficacies of various treatment regimens for breast, lung, and colon cancer. Some of the clinical trails are listed below. For further information on these trials or for eligibility, please contact Maria Rapuzzi, RN, MPA, Research manager, Oncology Division.
Fellowship Program Director
Frank Forte, MD - Division Director
Key Clinical Faculty
Quan Dai, MD
Meekoo Dhar, MD
Philip Friscia, MD
Shilpi Gupta, MBBS
Marcel Odaimi, MD - Chairman of Oncology Performance Improvement, Chairman of Tumor Board
Terenig Terjanian, MD - Director Hematology/Oncology-South Site, Chairman of Cancer Committee
List of Clinical Trials Open for Accrual:
- A Randomized Double Blinded, Phase III Study Comparing Gemcitabine, Cisplatin, and Bevacizumab to gemcitabine, Cisplatin, and Placebo in Patients with Advanced Transitional Cell Carcinoma, PI: Dr. Forte
- Randomized Phase III Trial comparing Everolimus plus Placebo Versus Everolimus Plus Bevacizumab for Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma Progressing After Treatment with Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors (CALGB 90802), PI: Dr. Forte
- Invited Presentations:
- Maarouf O, Waked A, Geara A, Khoueiry G, AbiRached J, Ayoub I, Terjanian T, Lafferty J, Dunne E, Smith M, El Sayegh S. An analysis of the diet of hemodialysis patients during a dialysis specific FFQ. - Presented at the New York American College of Physicians' Upstate Scientific Meeting on April 10, 2010.
- Mourad M, Aoun N, Baz W, Friscia P. Humoral hypercalcemia of malignancy (HHM) in association with mucoepidermoid carcinoma of the parotid gland. - Presented at the New York American College of Physicians' Upstate Scientific Meeting on April 10, 20
Baz W, El-Soueidi R, Nakhl F, Aoun N, Chin N, Dhar M. Desmoplastic small round-cell tumor: an adult with previous exposure to agent orange. Jpn J Clin Oncol. 2010 June;40(6):593-5. Epub 2010 Apr 8.
- Varma S, Gupta S, Talwar J, Forte F, Dhar M. Renal epithelioid angiomyolipoma: a malignant disease. J Nephrol. 2010 Mar 24. pii: 53034433-6E9F-BC17-9D65D800CA54.
- Abi-Fadel F, Desai NR, Vatandoust G, Said R, Gottesman A, Terjanian T. Monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance with amyloid deposition in the lung and non-amyloid eosinophilic deposition in the brain: a case report. Case Report Med. 2010;2010:406102. Epub 2010 Mar 14.
- Said R, O'Reilly EM, Blumgart L, Shia J, Abou-Alfa GK. Pancreatic islet cell carcinoma presenting with concurrent Cushing's and Zollinger-Ellison syndromes: case series and literature review. Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2010 Feb;22(2):246-52.
- Baz W, Nakhl F, El-Soueidi R, Forte F, Lowry J, Aoun N, Burton J. A phaseI/II trial of fixed-dose docetaxel plus irinotecan and escalating does of estramustine phosphate for second-line or greater treatment of selected advanced solid tumors. Anticancer Drugs 2009 Jul;20(6):508-12.
- Geara A, El-Imad B, Baz W, Odaimi M, El-Sayegh S. Pseudoleukocytosis secondary to hepatitis C-associated cryoglobulinemia: a case report. J Med Case R eports. 2009 Nov 2;3:91.