Visitor Guidelines & Parking
Visitors are good medicine, but so is your rest. We try to take care of you and the people you care about. Your visitors can help by following these guidelines:
- Only two guests may visit in your room at the same time. Perhaps a family member can coordinate the visits of family and friends.
- Please keep conversation volume low.
- Leave the room promptly when your doctor, nurse, or other staff member comes in to provide care.
- Do not bring children under the age of 12 for a visit.
- Do not take food to patient floors.
- Overnight guests are not routinely permitted, except on pediatrics.
A Special Word about Children
As a general rule, children under the age 12 are not permitted in the hospital, unless they are visiting their mom and newborn sibling in maternity. Only youngsters who have had all of their childhood immunizations should visit the hospital. Those not immunized place other patients at risk for communicative diseases. You may be asked for proof of immunization.
Please do not use the bathrooms in patient rooms. They are reserved only for patients in order to protect their health. Public restrooms are located throughout the hospital.
For our visitors' convenience, parking lots are located adjacent to both University Hospital North and South.