The Cornerstone of Cancer Care in Our Community
Staten Island University Hospital's award-winning quality spans a broad spectrum of on-campus cancer services provided by highly qualified board-certified cancer specialists.
Our center is a unique facility dedicated to providing state of the art outpatient oncology services. And with the resources of the Northwell Health Cancer Institute, one of the largest cancer care programs in the New York metropolitan area, we provide exceptional care for virtually every type of cancer.
Because cancer treatment usually involves several disciplines of care – surgery, chemotherapy and radiation – our ambulatory oncology center serves as the hub for the comprehensive care program. Cancer services at Staten Island University Hospital provides a structure for care that gives new meaning to the word comprehensive:
• An extensive outpatient treatment area where certified oncology nurses, physician assistants and nurse practitioners ensure that our patients receive the very best care
• Dedicated pediatric care
• Examination and consultation rooms
• A 60-seat conference center
• Laboratory services, including clinical pathology, research, cytogenetics and ﬂow cytometry
• Dedicated on-site pharmacy
• Psychiatric oncology service
• A cancer information line to give patients and public alike access to cancer information
• A Patient Navigation Program
• A nutritional service that is an active participant in both treating and preventing the disease
• The social work program helps patients and families confront the fears and anxieties of cancer
• Support groups and patient education programs for those living with cancer
• Support groups include:
· General cancer
· Men's health
· Breast cancer
· Parents of children with cancer
• Comprehensive Breast Imaging Center
• Comprehensive Breast Center
• The Cancer Genetics Program offers genetic counseling services to patients that may be at an increased risk for inherited forms of cancer
• Oncology Rehabilitation
• Cancer Data Registry
• Massage, Pet and Music Therapy
Truly Personalized Care
We know our patients name. No one is a number. We treat you like family. That's one reason people who can choose treatment anywhere in the world keep choosing us. Your individual treatment plan takes into consideration much more than just your diagnosis – it includes family history, lifestyle, general health, and much more. We make sure that each and every patient receives the unrelenting compassion and personalized care they deserve.
Excellent Care That's Close to Home
Staten Island University Hospital has earned an important reputation as a major cancer center treating patients from across the nation and throughout the world with the most challenging diseases.
Strength in Numbers
We diagnose and/ or treat approximately 30,000 cancer patients each year, making us one of the largest cancer programs in the New York metropolitan area. This means that we have experience treating a relatively large number of patients with some of the most complex and rarest form of cancers.
Cancer Services at Staten Island University Hospital
The expert team at the Medical Oncology/Hematology Division specializes in leading edge chemotherapy and immunotherapy, as well as, hormonal and biological therapies. We ensure that you receive the most effective chemotherapy, hormone therapy and targeted therapy treatments available. Our goal? To empower you with information to make you a partner in your treatment plan, and to deliver to you the very best possible outcomes.
We take pride in the fact that our facility operates much like a private physician's practice – warm, friendly and personal – because its orientation is the individual patient. Our philosophy is "treat all patients as if they were a member of our own family." The team works tirelessly to ensure our patients receive exceptional care.
Exemplary cancer care for patients
Cancer Services at Staten Island University Hospital has received accreditation with commendation from the Commission on Cancer for ambulatory cancer care. To earn accreditation from the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer, a cancer program must meet or exceed 34 quality standards, and must maintain excellence in the delivery of patient-centered care throughout the entire three-year survey process.
Three year Accreditation with Commendation is only awarded to a facility that exceeds standard requirements at the time of its triennial survey. The award is tangible recognition of the knowledge and commitment of the multidisciplinary team of physicians, nurses, cancer data registry staff and other support personnel of the Cancer Services Program at Staten Island University Hospital.
• Cancer Services at Staten Island University Hospital is the recipient of the "Outstanding Achievement Award" from the Commission on Cancer.
• Member of Association of Community Cancer Centers.
"Many people tell me I should go to Manhattan for my treatment
but I tell them I could not get better care than I got at
cancer services at Staten Island University Hospital."
"The medicine you dispense is a small part of what makes you so special.
It is your personal touch of caring about each patient that makes all the medicine work."
"I don't know if your staff realizes how much it means to a patient
when they are made to feel special even though they are one
of hundreds of patients that walk through your door."
"It was all of your love, caring and dedication that made this journey so much easier for me. I am truly grateful to all of you."
Ambulatory Oncology Radiation Oncology
256 C Mason Avenue 475 Seaview Avenue, Heart Tower
Staten Island, NY 10305 Staten Island, NY 10305
Cancer Information Line: 718-226-8888
Visit our website at: www.siuh.edu