Preparing for Your Visit
1. Ask questions about your family history:
- What family members have had cancer?
- What type of cancer were they diagnosed with?
- What type(s) of treatment did they receive?
- At what age were they diagnosed?
2. Gather any pathology reports you may have regarding your personal diagnosis and/or family members diagnoses of cancer
3. If you or a family member have already had genetic testing please bring a copy of the results to your appointment
4. Create a list of questions you may have for the genetic counselor
If you have any questions regarding your upcoming appointment please contact Jessica L. De Petro M.S, CGC at 718-226-6230