Pediatric Dentistry - Program Information
Program Length, Stipend and Number of Positions
This is a 24-month program commencing July 1 of each year. Graduates receive a certificate in Pediatric Dentistry. Residents receive stipends of $63,000 plus fringe benefits as a first year resident and $66,000 plus fringe benefits as a second year resident. Three new positions are offered each year.
- Diverse patient population
- Modern and well-equipped facilities
- Multi-disciplinary training under the supervision of specialty trained attending dentists.
- Comprehensive rotations through the departments of Pediatric Medicine, Anesthesia, and Emergency Medicine.
- Extensive operating room experience.
- Comprehensive training in management of the Special Care Patient.
- Comprehensive orthodontic and growth guidance training.
*Steven Schwartz, D.D.S., Director Pediatric Dentistry
*Patricia Dibos, D.D.S., Attending, Pediatric Dentistry and Special Care
Michelle Flanigan, D.M.D., Attending, Pediatric Dentistry and Special Care
Michelle Giumenta, D.D.S, Attending, Pediatric Dentistry
Deborah Gries, D.M.D, Attending, Pediatric Dentistry
*Phyllis Merlino, D.D.S, Attending, Pediatric Dentistry
*Ayman Metwally, D.D.S., Attending, Pediatric Dentistry
Lisa Nguyen, D.D.S., Attending, Pediatric Dentistry
Michael D'Anna, DDS, Director, Orthodontics
Robert Seminara, DDS, Attending, Orthodontics
*Michael Donato, DMD, Attending, Orthodontics
*David Hoffman, DDS, Director, Oral Surgery
Joel Manley, DDS, Attending, Special Care
* Indicates Board Certification