Rehabilitation - The Process
- A Welcome Social is held every other Sunday to welcome new rehab patients and their families.
- Family Orientation meetings are held every thursday evening.
- A Case manager will be there to explain the rehab process.
- At least one family member should attend the meeting the week admission.
- Attendance at this meeting is strongly encouraged.
Understanding what rehab is all about will help you and your family make decisions about your treatment and discharge plan.
Breakfast: 7:30am - 8:30am
Lunch: 11:30am - 12:30am
Dinner: 4:30pm - 5:15pm
A full service cafeteria is located on the 2nd floor. It is open from 7:30am to 7:30pm. The Atrium Snack Shop is located on the first floor in the Heart Tower Lobby, and has coffee and packaged foods.
Monday - Friday: All rehab patients get 3 hours of individual therapy per day. Weekends: Therapy consists of exercise groups or individual treatments.
You'll receive therapy in the gym or on your patient care unit. Your therapy schedule is made to fit your needs.
Feeding groups are provided for patients who experience difficulty in swallowing.
This class must be attended by you and your family:
- Before you get a therapeutic pass.
- Before you are discharged to go home.
The purpose of the education is:
- To show your level of functioning to your family.
- To allow both you and your family to ask questions about areas which you are trying to master (i.e. stairs, moving in/out of bathroom, etc.)
- So that your therapists can work with you and your family on these specific areas.
- After admission or when it is medically suitable, you can get a 6 hour pass for Saturday or Sunday.
- This pass should be used therapeutically.
- Your family should take you home to evaluate your ability to function safely in the home environment.
- When you come back from the pass, tell your therapists what difficulties still exist.
- Your therapists will talk about the type of equipment you need after discharge. This equipment will help you function at the highest level of independence.
- You can decide if you want the recommended equipment. You can order the equipment yourself or have the therapist order your equipment.
- Please speak to the Unit Clerk for an appointment with a barber or beautician.
- Your family should provide you with clean laundry as needed.
- Please have a few changes of comfortable clothing such as:
- Sweat pants or pull up pants.
- Under garments.
- Non-slip shoes (lace up/slip on with rubber soles)
* For safety issues, no slippers, sling backs or open toed shoes.