Rehabilitation Medicine - Pediatric Rehab
The department of Rehabilitation Medicine at SIUH is a comprehensive program in your community offering full therapy and related medical services for all age groups with a wide variety of diagnosis. Services include hospital acute care, comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation and out patient services. The department includes accredited, highly specialized program in a number of areas.
Therapy for children/families from birth through adolescence with a wide variety of diagnoses including:
- Developmental delay
- Brain injury
- Orthopedic, neuromuscular, and neurological conditions.
Our mission is to provide rehabilitation services that are comprehensive, integrated and outcome focused. Staten Island University Hospital has a specially trained pediatric team composed of clinicians with years of experience. This includes Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists, Social Workers, Speech Pathologists, Neuropsychologists and Audiologists who are committed to providing the highest quality services.
Treatment and Services
- OT, PT and Speech Therapy Services
- Neurodevelopmental Treatment Techniques
- Sensory Integration Therapy
- Treatment of Swallowing and Feeding Disorders
- Service Coordination and Family Support Services
- Orthotics and Prosthetics
- Adaptive Equipment Evaluation and Ordering i.e. Wheelchair, AAC Device
- Comprehensive Hearing Evaluation
- Assistive Listening Devices i.e. Hearing Aids
- Neuropsychology Evaluations
Many commercial insurance companies and Medicaid provide coverage for services. Staten Island University Hospital is a Department of Education therapy provider. We can assist you in identifying your insurance benefits or eligibility for entitlement programs.
A Comprehensive Pediatric Rehabilitation Service in your community offering:
- NICU/Nursery and inpatient service at the North Campus (475 Seaview Avenue)
- Outpatient therapy services, including after school hours
Our ability to provide a coordinated team committed to providing the highest quality of service is evidenced by our excellent parent satisfaction ratings.
By calling 718-226-6250 you can make an appointment and receive more information about the programs available.
Download the Brochure here!
Download the Early Intervention Brochure here!
475 Seaview Avenue
Staten Island, New York 10305