Vascular Surgery - Non Invasive Lab
The Non-Invasive Vascular Laboratory at Staten Island University Hospital is fully accredited by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accredition of Vascular Laboratories (ICAVL).
The modern designed lab employs state of the art technology and provides testing for a wide variety of venous and arterial disorders.
We are committed to providing the highest quality in aortic, peripheral, cerebrovascular, venous, mesenteric and renal examinations. The laboratory is staffed by experienced and dedicated physicians and registered vascular technologists providing excellence in vascular testing.
In just one visit the patient can undergo testing and speak to a physician about the results of the test if needed. The referring doctor is contacted within 24 hours for any urgent test results. Final test results are mailed to the physician within 48 hours.
All tests are painlessly preformed within 20 minutes and no needles, x-rays or dyes are used.
Using the latest technology our lab can perform a wide range of non invasive examinations to help diagnose and treat conditions such as:
Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD) :
- Duplex ultrasound scan of the upper and lower extremity arteries
- Ankle Brachial Index (ABI) with Pulse Volume Recordings (PVR)
- Bypass graft surveillance
Carotid artery and Cerebrovascular Disease :
- Carotid artery duplex scan
- Follow up scans for carotid endarterectomy and stenting
Venous Disease :
- Venous reflux scan to evaluate varicose veins
- Venous duplex scan of the arms or legs for DVT
- Congenital venous anomalies
Renal and Mesenteric Artery Disease :
- Renal artery duplex scan
- Duplex scan of the renal vein
- Mesenteric arterial and venous duplex scan
- Evaluation for chronic mesenteric ischemia
Aortic Aneurysms :
- Aortic duplex scan to screen for abdominal aortic aneurysms (AAA)
- Follow up scans after endograft or open repair
Unique examinations :
- Temporal artery duplex scan to evaluate for temporal arteritis
- Dialysis access evaluation
- Vein mapping for peripheral or coronary bypass
- Thoracic outlet obstruction exam