The Comprehensive Breast Center
The Comprehensive Breast Center at Staten Island University Hospital is the first to serve the community of Staten Island in breast cancer diagnosis, treatment and research, providing the most current treatments. Our newly developed program consists of a dedicated team of specialists, nurses, nutritionists, physician assistants, patient navigators, support groups and genetic counselors. Our renowned specialists include breast surgeons, medical oncologists, surgical oncologists, radiation oncologists, radiologists, pathologists, plastic and reconstructive surgeons. Our goal is to provide comprehensive and compassionate care to treat, educate and support our patients with benign breast disease, breast cancer and high-risk patients.
The Comprehensive Breast Center offers you the resources of a distinguished team developing a treatment plan for all forms of breast disease. Our breast health services include:
Our clinicians are dedicated, accomplished and caring specialists. They have a long-standing commitment to all kinds of breast diseases. Our team uses a multidisciplinary approach and the newest technology with state-of-the-art equipment to meet your treatment needs. Our physicians and staff are dedicated to provide you with the highest quality of care.
- Weekly Breast Conference - Experts from all departments of the Comprehensive Breast Center meet on a weekly basis to review new cancer cases and design a personalized treatment plan for each patient.
- The center provides state-of-the-art technologies for breast imaging and diagnosis including: digital mammography, stereotactic or ultrasound-guided needle biopsy, breast MRI and MRI guided biopsy.
- Physicians specializing in breast surgery offer the most advanced surgical techniques available including: nipple-sparring and skin-sparring mastectomies with immediate reconstruction as well as breast conserving treatment options.
Innovative Reconstruction Techniques
- Sophisticated microsurgical techniques make it possible to reconstruct the breast providing a natural shape and feel. Available breast reconstruction procedures include: DIEP flap, TRAM flap, SGAP flap, TUG flap and LATISSIMUS Flap.
- The accredited infusion center provides patients with the latest and most advanced chemotherapy treatment options and protocols available. Highly trained physicians monitor the care and treatment of the patient throughout the course of their disease and work side-by-side with the patient to maximize quality of life.
- Our team uses the latest technology in radiation oncology to provide disease-specific care to patients. Some of the therapies available to breast cancer patients include external beam radiation and partial breast irradiation (PBI).