The Nurse Navigators for our Comprehensive Breast Center act as a personal advocate for newly diagnosed breast cancer patients. Our nurse navigators provide you with counseling services so you can effectively cope with the impact of breast cancer and the subsequent lifestyles changes that occur as a result of the illness.
Our highly skilled and compassionate nurses will assist you with the following:
- Organizing appointments and navigating through the healthcare system
- Support and educational materials
- Answering questions regarding your upcoming treatment plan
- Collaborating with you and your family
- Directing you to local resources and support available
- Completing forms for insurance and accessing referrals
Our Nurse Navigators are available on a one-on-one basis. In doing so, they can help explain your individual treatment options and empower you to make important decisions about your treatment. And, of course, they are also here to just listen to your concerns.
To contact one of our Nurse Navigators, please call 718-226-6805.