Joining a cancer support group can be one of the best ways to cope with your diagnosis, treatment and post-treatment issues. Support groups allow you to connect with others who are going through the same experience and empower you to move beyond your diagnosis and face the challenges, head on.
General and New Patient
- Cancer Support Group meets the first Monday of every month (except July & August) at 1:00 PM at 2nd Floor Conference Room, Cancer Services at Staten Island University Hospital, NORTH.
- Look Good, Feel Better" for Cancer Patients meets 4 times a year. For more information and to register, please call718 226-8888.
- Bereavement Group for persons learning to live with the loss of a parent, spouse, sibling, grandparent or another significant loved one to cancer, meets every Tuesdays, 1:00 pm at Bridgeview Community Room, 160-62 Nicholas Avenue. (next to Port Richmond High School football field). For more information, please call Vicky King at (718) 981-6226 Ext. 120.
- Compassionate Friends. Meets every second and fourth Thursday of each month at 7:00 PM in the Great Room, 2nd Floor, Medical Arts Pavilion, NORTH. For people who have lost children to an illness or disease. For more information please call Michele Muro at (718) 227-6516.
- Siblings of Compassionate Friends to cope with loss of a sibling, meets on the first Wednesday of each month at 7:30 PM. Please call Justine at (646) 361-545 or Keith at (718) 227-1207 for location and further details.
- Breast Cancer Support Group for patients, survivors and their families meets last Saturday of each month (except July & August) at 12:00 Noon pm in the 2nd Floor Conference Room, Cancer Services at Staten Island University Hospital, NORTH. Lunch is served.