1. HOW SHOULD I APPLY?
2. WHAT ARE THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS?
3. WHEN DO YOU START ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS?
About September 1 of each year.
4. WHEN DO YOU STOP ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS?
December 15 of each year.
5. WHEN DO YOU START INTERVIEWING?
6. WHEN DO YOU STOP INTERVIEWING?
7. WILL YOU CONTACT ME TO LET ME KNOW MY APPLICATION HAS ARRIVED?
8. IF I AM GRANTED AN INTERVIEW WILL YOU CONTACT ME?
9. IF I AM NOT GRANTED AN INTERVIEW WILL YOU CONTACT ME?
10. AT WHAT POINT SHOULD I ASSUME THAT I WILL NOT BE GRANTED AN INTERVIEW?
If you have not heard from us by about the middle of January, you should assume that you will not receive an interview for this year.
11. DO YOU ACCEPT INTERNATIONAL MEDICAL GRADUATES?
12. DO YOU OFFER PRELIMINARY POSITIONS?
Yes. NRMP # 1515140P0.
13. DO YOU OFFER CATEGORICAL POSITIONS?
Yes. NRMP # 1515140C0.
14. DO YOU OFFER A TRANSITIONAL YEAR?
15. DO YOU OFFER COUPLES MATCHING?
Yes. If you are granted an interview, please let us know at that time.
16. DO YOU OFFER A SHOMER SHABBOS PROGRAM?
Yes. Details of this program will be reviewed only during the interview.
17. IN WHICH MATCHING PROGRAMS DO YOU PARTICIPATE?
18. DO YOU OFFER "PREMATCHING?"
19. ARE THERE SPECIFIC USMLE/COMLEX SCORE "CUTOFFS?"
No, but we generally look for candidates whose scores are at least "average." For example, a USMLE
score of 80 is usually about the average mark for any given year. Candidates should have passed all exams on the first attempt.
20. IS THERE A SPECIFIC GRADUATION YEAR "CUTOFF?"
There is no specific cutoff for your graduation year. However, we prefer candidates who have recently (within 2 years) graduated from or are currently in medical school or graduate medical training. Those candidates that have completed medical school or other form of training AND are currently in FULL-TIME clinical practice are also eligible for application.
21. IS USA EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR INTERNATIONAL MEDICAL GRADUTES?
No, but it is very favorable to have this experience. A letter of recommendation from the site is required for us to include this in your application.
22. DO OBSERVERSHIPS COUNT TOWARDS USA EXPERIENCE?
23. DO YOU OFFER OBSERVERSHIPS OR EXTERNSHIPS?
24. DOES A RESEARCH ROTATION COUNT TOWARDS USA EXPERIENCE?
No. We are looking for clinical experience. However, research experience is an important factor that we consider. Also, USA experience is NOT a requirement for eligibility.
25. DO YOU SPONSOR J1 and H1b VISAS?
We sponsor J1 Visas. Applicants with H1b Visas are considered on a case-by-case basis.
26. SHOULD MY PERSONAL STATEMENT FOLLOW ANY SPECIAL FORMAT?
No. However, you should address any gaps in schooling, training or employment.
27. IF I HAVE MORE QUESTIONS WHOM SHOULD I CONTACT?
Please search through the remainder of our website to answer your questions. However, if you still have unanswered questions, please contact email@example.com.