Frequently Asked Questions
1. HOW SHOULD I APPLY?
Click here for Application and Eligibility
2. WHAT ARE THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS?
Click for Application and Eligibility
3. WHEN DO YOU START ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS?
The day ERAS opens (typically September 15 of each year)
4. WHEN DO YOU STOP ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS?
Around mid to late December of each year.
5. WHEN DO YOU START INTERVIEWING?
6. WHEN DO YOU STOP INTERVIEWING?
7. IF I AM GRANTED AN INTERVIEW WILL YOU CONTACT ME?
8. IF I AM NOT GRANTED AN INTERVIEW WILL YOU CONTACT ME?
9. AT WHAT POINT SHOULD I ASSUME THAT I WILL NOT BE GRANTED AN INTERVIEW?
If you have not heard from us by about the middle of January, you should
assume that you will not receive an interview for this year.
10. DO YOU ACCEPT INTERNATIONAL MEDICAL GRADUATES?
11. DO YOU OFFER PRELIMINARY POSITIONS?
12. DO YOU OFFER CATEGORICAL POSITIONS?
13. DO YOU OFFER A TRANSITIONAL YEAR?
14. DO YOU OFFER COUPLES MATCHING?
Yes. If you are granted an interview, please let us know at that time.
15. IN WHICH MATCHING PROGRAMS DO YOU PARTICIPATE?
16. DO YOU OFFER "PREMATCHING?"
17. ARE THERE SPECIFIC USMLE/COMLEX SCORE "CUTOFFS?"
No, but we generally look for candidates whose scores are at least "average."
18. IS THERE A SPECIFIC GRADUATION YEAR "CUTOFF?"
There is no specific cutoff for your graduation year. However, we prefer
candidates who have recently (within 5 years) graduated from or are currently
in medical school or graduate medical training. Those candidates that
have completed medical school or other form of training AND are currently
in FULL-TIME clinical practice are also eligible for application.
19. IS USA EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR INTERNATIONAL MEDICAL GRADUATES?
No, but it is very favorable to have this experience. A letter of recommendation
from the site is required for us to include this in your application.
20. DO OBSERVERSHIPS COUNT TOWARDS USA EXPERIENCE?
21. DO YOU OFFER OBSERVERSHIPS OR EXTERNSHIPS?
22. DOES A RESEARCH ROTATION COUNT TOWARDS USA EXPERIENCE?
No. We are looking for clinical experience. However, research experience
is an important factor that we consider. Also, USA experience is NOT a
requirement for eligibility.
23. DO YOU SPONSOR J1 and H1b VISAS?
We sponsor both Visas. However, the resident is responsible for the actual
application and attorney fees.
24. SHOULD MY PERSONAL STATEMENT FOLLOW ANY SPECIAL FORMAT?
No. However, you should address any gaps in schooling, training or employment.
25. IF I HAVE MORE QUESTIONS WHOM SHOULD I CONTACT?
Please search through the remainder of our website to answer your questions.
However, if you still have unanswered questions, please contact