Application & Eligibility
All potential applicants are encouraged to apply through ERAS (Electronic
Residency Application Service). Applications are currently being accepted.
Our program sponsors H-1 and J-1 visa and is a participant of the National
Resident Matching Program (NRMP). Our ACGME program ID # is 4003500312.
You may contact our residency program coordinator, Joanna Rapuzzi, for
Residency Coordinator, Psychiatry
376 Sequine Avenue
Staten Island, NY 10309
Eligibility for the residency program is determined on an individual basis.
All applications should include:
- A fully completed ERAS application
- Official Medical School Transcript
- Dean's Letter
- 3 Letters of Recommendation from physicians with appointments at accredited
hospitals in North America (exceptions are considered on a case by case basis)
- USMLE and/or COMLEX Scores
- Prior/Current Research Activities and Publications
- Personal Statement
- ECFMG Certification (if applicable)
Selected applicants will be invited to schedule an interview after review
of their application. Interviews are usually scheduled for in the month
of October, November, or December. If you have been selected for an interview,
you will receive an email with information about how to make these arrangements.
If granted an interview by the selection committee, you will be given:
- A full overview of the residency by the program director
- A tour of the facility
- A question and answer session with our faculty, residents, and/or staff
- An interview with the chair, program director chief resident and/or other