General Information about the Program
Medical Student Overview:
Currently we are only accepting International Schools with whom we have an affiliation agreement with, such as; Ross University and American University of the Caribbean.
If you are a Medical Student who would like to participate in a 3rd or 4th year rotation at Staten Island University Hospital you must comply with the following process. Failure to do so will result in a forfeit of your rotation.
Complete and submit the following (Click on links for downloadable and printable documents):
- Exhibit A: Medical Student Overview (this letter)
- Exhibit B: Undergraduate Medical Education Directory
- Exhibit C: Medical Student Application Form
- Exhibit D: Medical Student Health Assessment Form
- Exhibit E: Medical Handbook and Attestation Form
- Exhibit F: Corporate Compliance Information
Exhibit G: Password Request Form
Affiliated School Administrators and Medical School Students are to contact the Program Coordinator for the rotation being requested. For example, if you are requesting a rotation in Internal Medicine, you would contact the program coordinator for the Department of Medicine directly via email for approval of your request. You will find the contact information in Exhibit B.
Once rotation clerkship has been scheduled the Program Coordinator will send the medical student a Letter to NYSED for accredited Non US Medical Students.
Once the program approves rotation request, School Administrators are to review and submit "completed" SIUH Medical Student Application Form and SIUH Medical Student Visiting Health Assessment Form (Exhibit C, D) documents listed above via email to Genevieve Ebbro - firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 718-226-1347 at least four (4) weeks prior to the medical students rotation. Failure to comply will result in the forfeit of the medical student rotation.
You must complete and submit the above referenced exhibits prior to starting your rotation at SIUH and report to Academic Affairs (room H2-249) on the first day of your rotation 30 minutes prior to your start time.
Academic Affairs will provide you with a letter to obtain an ID Badge and a letter to you to begin each rotation at SIUH, regardless of whether the rotations are consecutive. It is imperative that Academic Affairs is aware of your rotation at all times.
- You shall report to Academic Affairs on the last day of every rotation to return your security ID badge. If the Department of Academic Affairs is closed, you must leave your ID badge in the drop box located outside the Academic Affair's office door, room H2-249. *Failure to do so may result in an incomplete evaluation.